11 February 2013

5 months


about my 5-month-old:
He still loves his hands, but has also discovered his tongue, and is nearly always chewing on it.
When he's not chewing on his tongue, he's chewing on his fingers, or trying to figure out how to suck his thumb. (I'm not sure how I feel about that part.)
He's started blowing raspberries and bubbles, and his babbling now includes repeating "ba-ba-ba-ba", which sometimes sounds like "pa-pa-pa".
His favorite person is mom, but he gets pretty excited when papa gets home.
He's only ever had 4 baths, at the rate of two every other month. (If I keep following this pattern, he should get two this month.)
He's never been in a stroller, swing, activity seat, or crib/pack'n'play, and his car-seat isn't portable, so his time in that is pretty limited.
He's been in 5 states, in fact, we were in all 5 of those states in one 24-hour period on our way to California.
He is still a social butterfly, he loves talking and being spoken to. And he grins at everyone.
He's very ticklish. He can't stand having his feet rubbed, because it's too much. He frequently starts giggling when I'm dressing or undressing him, because I graze his pits with my fingers. His neck is ticklish, his ribs, the palms of his hands, his thighs. It is fun.
His eyes are starting to change, there is a a hint of golden brown around his pupils.
He has about a million nicknames, "Salmon", "Sammbled Eggs", "Pistol", and "Ka-blam baby", to name a few.
He's hanging out at 14 lbs, but keeps getting taller. 27 inches at his last measuring.
He is so sweet, always happy, always smiling.
I love him!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are awesome! ♥