![]() |
| a little surprise from my mr. boss |
I've been having a bit of a rough time lately. I was so spoiled for the first three months after Mr. Boss started school. Because he didn't have a job, he was only gone from 8-4, four days of the week. Having him out of work so long was a bit nerve-wracking, but it was wonderful to have him home with us.
He's been working for about a month now and, between his school and work schedules he's gone, for some part of the day, ever day of the week. Two days a week we see him for about 20 minutes, when he comes home to change before hurrying out to get to work on time. Most nights I'm left to handle bedtime on my own. If it weren't for my wrap, baby S would never let me get anything done.I am very grateful that Mr. Boss has work, the timing was perfect for so many reasons. But it has been a big adjustment for me. Mornings are just as, if not more, difficult as while I was pregnant. It's just been hard. But we're discovering, slowly, our new "normal" and trying to enjoy the time when we have our papa home with us.
.jpg)
Nice to see you're able to look on the bright side. Most people would just complain ha ha.
ReplyDeleteI can relate to adjusting to new normals. When Patrick first lost his job, I did not like having him home. Yes, I know how bad that sounds, but he was a complete disruption to the routine I had down to a science. After a few weeks, we all adjusted to him being here (not that we were at all happy about the circumstances, but it was nice having Daddy home with us all day). Now, it's been almost a year and a half, and I'm so used to the new routine, I don't know how I'm going to cope if this new company hires him (*fingers crossed*). With my chronically bad back, stomach issues and migraines, having someone around to help clean up and keep the kids in line has been a lifesaver.
Thank you! ...But I do my fair share of complaining. ;)
ReplyDeleteOh, I hope Patrick gets that job! It's always an adjustment, but things always work out. :)