02 September 2012

Cupcake : 38 weeks


Every week in church I find myself answering the same questions and hearing the same phrases: "How much longer?" "Do you know what you're having?" "I have a feeling your baby will come on the __." I don't really mind the comments or questions, but when you're answering the same questions over and over and over... It gets kind of old. (I hate the "You must be so done" comments.)
Last week I had a little girl ask if I knew if I was having a boy or a girl, and I told her I didn't. She was shocked. "They didn't tell you?!" To which I replied, "I didn't ask." I guess she didn't realize that you could do that.

I fell. On Friday. Stepped down onto a bit of broken up sidewalk, rolled my right ankle and landed hard on my left knee. Somehow got a tiny scratch on my right elbow, too. My ankle is fine, but it hurts to put pressure on my right foot. My knee is where the real pain is. It hurts if I bend it too far, it hurts when I try to straighten it. It just hurts, constantly throbbing. Add to that the pain in my hips, from sleeping only on my side, and I'm this hobbling, old cripple. It's quite a sight.
Cupcake is just fine though, dancing all over my insides in between, what feels like, nearly constant contractions. Because of this, I'm not as concerned about having the house spotless before "the big day" as I am about my knee healing. Getting into a pool of super-warm water will cause a searing pain in my knee... And I don't see that being very relaxing.

2 comments:

  1. I am right there with you about people and their comments. I always hated when people would say things like that to me because it was like putting a negative spin on pregnancy. I know they weren't trying to be mean or negative, so I'd let it roll off my back, but it would always irk me. I hope your knee starts feeling better soon! I will keep you in my prayers. I fell on the stairs outside our apartment when I was pregnant with P., and luckily the baby was fine, but it sure messed me up for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the knee, make sure you are icing it! Can't wait to see your little babe!

    ReplyDelete

You are awesome! ♥