
So, I'm a week behind with these updates. It was intentional, at first. But I don't want to be doing week late updates anymore. It's something I'm trying to work on, but so far: no good.
I've been mentally preparing myself to go about a week over, and updating a week late has helped a bit with that. Not that I'm done with being pregnant, and have to trick myself into handling it. Because I really do enjoy this time. But I feel a need to prepare myself, so that I don't feel too much disappointment and longing when I reach my due date with no sign of baby. Because I am ready, and so excited for that pay-off. And because it is so easy to become discouraged when everyone around me is commenting on my lack of baby, and "aren't you just done?" comments, and "when is that baby going to get here?" comments... (As much as I hate it, those comments really do get to me.)
But even with all of my preparation, the thought keeps coming to me: this baby is coming a little early. I try not to dwell on that thought, though, because I don't want to feel upset when it doesn't happen. I'm only sharing because I've had the thought so many times, that I feel it deserves to be recorded.
* * * * *
I bought an exercise ball yesterday. They do nothing for me during labor, but are very nice to have on hand during these last few weeks when most chairs are unpleasantly uncomfortable. While Porcupine was napping (a very late nap) I decided to blow up my new ball. But, when I pulled it out of the box, it looked too small. Even though the box says it was best for persons between 5'0"-5'5" (and I'm 5'4"). So, I stuck it back in the box and went to make an exchange. I went for the next size up, and took it to the service counter. And then I got a fun little surprise. I had purchased the ball at one Target, and was exchanging it at another, and because of the difference in taxes at the two locations, I got a .35 cent refund! I know .35 cents is practically nothing, but I was so surprised by it, and it kind of made my day.
I've been mentally preparing myself to go about a week over, and updating a week late has helped a bit with that. Not that I'm done with being pregnant, and have to trick myself into handling it. Because I really do enjoy this time. But I feel a need to prepare myself, so that I don't feel too much disappointment and longing when I reach my due date with no sign of baby. Because I am ready, and so excited for that pay-off. And because it is so easy to become discouraged when everyone around me is commenting on my lack of baby, and "aren't you just done?" comments, and "when is that baby going to get here?" comments... (As much as I hate it, those comments really do get to me.)
But even with all of my preparation, the thought keeps coming to me: this baby is coming a little early. I try not to dwell on that thought, though, because I don't want to feel upset when it doesn't happen. I'm only sharing because I've had the thought so many times, that I feel it deserves to be recorded.
I bought an exercise ball yesterday. They do nothing for me during labor, but are very nice to have on hand during these last few weeks when most chairs are unpleasantly uncomfortable. While Porcupine was napping (a very late nap) I decided to blow up my new ball. But, when I pulled it out of the box, it looked too small. Even though the box says it was best for persons between 5'0"-5'5" (and I'm 5'4"). So, I stuck it back in the box and went to make an exchange. I went for the next size up, and took it to the service counter. And then I got a fun little surprise. I had purchased the ball at one Target, and was exchanging it at another, and because of the difference in taxes at the two locations, I got a .35 cent refund! I know .35 cents is practically nothing, but I was so surprised by it, and it kind of made my day.
No comments:
Post a Comment
You are awesome! ♥