12 July 2012

Cupcake : 30 weeks


I'm kind of freaking out a little bit. Because of how fast time is going. Because of how slow time is passing. Because I keep on thinking about autumn, and I'm a little disappointed every time I remember that it's the middle of summer. Because I only have two months left before I meet this baby. Because there are two whole months left before I will meet this baby. It's enough to drive anyone crazy, I think.

Mostly, though, I'm just trying to enjoy this time as much as possible. I am one who truly loves pregnancy. Not that I don't experience aches or pains or discomfort, because I do. But I prefer to focus on the positive aspects of the experience. The joy of hearing baby's strong heartbeat each time I visit my midwife. The thrill of feeling baby kick and jab and do somersaults and cartwheels. The thought, the very idea, that there is a tiny human growing inside of me. Seriously, how cool is that? It's incredible! It's amazing! And it just feels rude and irreverent to complain when there is a miracle taking place inside of me.
Sometimes I do complain, it's so easy, and everyone understands, accepts, and expects it. It is considered normal and standard to complain about being pregnant. But I try not to. And when I do I feel bad. And I apologize. Because I don't look at pregnancy as a burden, or a means to an end. It is a once in a lifetime experience to carry this particular baby.
Each baby is a miracle, each pregnancy is a miracle. It is a blessing. And I know I'll miss it when it's over, I always do. So I try to enjoy the goodness of the experience, I try to maintain a positive attitude about it. 40 weeks is not much time at all. Over the period of a lifetime 40 weeks seems almost insignificant. So I soak up the experience and enjoy it while I can. Because, even though I plan on more children, this could very well be my last, and I don't want to look back with regret over a bad attitude.

2 comments:

  1. thanks for this, I need to be more positive with my pregnancy because I fully agree with all that you said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful prego woman you are! and I'm so excited for you to meet this baby. You will do AMAZING as you always do. And your kids are ADORABLE!!! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete

You are awesome! ♥