09 May 2012

slow start.

Today was a slow-start sort of day. For example, I didn't get out of bed until around 10. C and E spent their morning reading magazines on the couch (and probably causing a little bit of trouble) while they waited for me to get up. Poor Z was stuck in his bed, but he didn't seem to mind.
It wasn't the best day for a slow-start, largely because we had an appointment with the midwife at 1, and I needed to shower. But I moved slowly, and didn't get in the shower until noon. I was surprisingly quick after that, with my shower and getting myself ready. At least the children were all dressed before that. We got out the door at 12:50. We were going to be late, and traffic would determine how late. (Traffic was amazing, we made it to the office within about 15 minutes!)
After the visit, we were all hungry. We hadn't had lunch before we'd left, because of our slow morning. So we drove a bit further south to go to Jimmy Johns. When all of the sandwiches were eaten, I bought two cookies, and split them each two ways. Then it was back on the freeway to get home. (I'm glad the traffic to our appointment was so good. If it had been anything like what we dealt with on the way home we never would've made it to see the midwife!)
When we got home we put on some Looney Tunes, but outside was calling. By this time our front yard was shaded by the trees across the street, making the days warmth extremely pleasant. I sat on the porch/stoop while the kids ran around and picked weeds and played in dirt, took turns playing photographer, and having their picture taken. We went in when Z started putting his dirt covered fingers in his mouth.
I love how she's looking at me
favorite things:
-E playing with my hair while I checked my email (pre-shower).
-the wonderful sound of Cupcake's strong heart beating.
-Z passing out in his seat on our way to lunch, and waking up with marks on his face from his drool-covered buckle.
-C asking me to make a silly face for the camera, and then asking E right after.
-smooching Z's marshmallow cheeks.
-Being brought flowers (weeds) by E and C.
-Listening to Z try and repeat the words C spoke as he blessed our dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are awesome! ♥