I hope you enjoy the lovely springtime photos I took after visiting my midwife on Wednesday.

I was quick to point out to E, when we went out for donuts, that Kayla has a baby growing in her tummy, too. Miss E was pretty excited by this. Especially because she noticed that Kayla's tummy is bigger than her own mama's. I told her that was because Kayla's baby is almost ready to come out of her tummy. Her eyes got wide and were all twinkly. This girl and babies, seriously.
Then came the question: "Do you think her baby is a boy baby or a girl baby?" She quickly, and correctly, responded that it was a boy. Then I asked her about Cupcake. "That's my sister." Deal.
Then came the question: "Do you think her baby is a boy baby or a girl baby?" She quickly, and correctly, responded that it was a boy. Then I asked her about Cupcake. "That's my sister." Deal.

You know, in the movie Juno, when she tells her parents that she's pregnant, she mentions that she has heartburn that is radiating her knee caps? That's how I feel. Except my knee caps aren't actually radiating, just my chest.
It feels like a raging fire with occasional, bursting explosions of extra pain. But there have been studies that have proven that heartburn during pregnancy is connected to how much hair a baby has at birth. You have heartburn? You'll have a baby with a good head of hair.
I'm kind of banking on having a baby with as much hair as Rapunzel in Tangled, with all the heartburn I'm having. You've got to look for the positive, you know?
It feels like a raging fire with occasional, bursting explosions of extra pain. But there have been studies that have proven that heartburn during pregnancy is connected to how much hair a baby has at birth. You have heartburn? You'll have a baby with a good head of hair.
I'm kind of banking on having a baby with as much hair as Rapunzel in Tangled, with all the heartburn I'm having. You've got to look for the positive, you know?
I was so impressed that she guessed right! I bet she's right about yours, too. I think you need another girl.
ReplyDeleteAlso, is that true about heartburn and baby's hair? Cause I've had crazy heartburn almost the whole time, and I'm pretty sure James is going to have tons of hair - we've even been able to see it on the ultrasounds, lol.
I think I need another girl, too! :)
ReplyDeleteIt's an old wives tale that was studied and proven.
Ha ha your comment about the Rapunzel hair was cute.
ReplyDeleteI had more heartburn with my 2nd and she had more hair than my first, so maybe there is something to that ;)
I think there's definately something to the heartburn and hair thing. I had wicked heartburn with each pregnancy, and no bald babies.
ReplyDelete