Aside from stupid allergies, I'm feeling pretty darn good. Queasiness has passed, but I still struggle with sleepiness and an inability to get out of bed in the morning.
I've already been experiencing heartburn and reflux. That one showed up rather early this time. But papaya enzymes have helped to keep it under control.
None of my clothes feel tight or uncomfortable. Well, I've sworn off pants, but that's largely because of the weather we had last week (70 all week long. You think I'm gonna wear pants when it's that warm?!) Plus, pants are just uncomfortable and unflattering on me anyway. I don't feel like I've grown at all. If I wanted to, I could look pregnant, but the truth is, that belly has nothing to do with the current pregnancy and everything to do with the previous 3. So, I won't be sharing any side-shots until actual, visible growth has occurred.
All of the "fun" stuff really happened during the first several weeks, from the day I had the positive test until... sometime between the 12th week and now.
On the day of the test I discovered that the thought of making dinner that night (I was supposed to make pizza) made me ill. And it only got better from there.
With my first 3 I dealt with minor queasiness throughout the first 12 weeks. It was mostly a case feeling decent as long as I didn't let my stomach get empty. A little ickiness in the morning before I'd had a chance to eat, but I didn't throw up. Well, I never threw up with the boys, and only once with E.
This time I experienced something new: extreme food aversions. My super sense of smell caused me to gag at the smell of many foods. Pizza, anything Boss ate, really just anything that had a strong smell to it. On top of that, the thought of certain foods also made me ill. For example, prior to the positive test I regularly ate what I thought was a very delicious oatmeal. And yet, even now when my food aversions are basically gone, I still can't bring myself to make that oatmeal again. For a while I couldn't even touch the bag it was in.
My aversions were so bad that I actually lost about 5-7 lbs.
Another something I struggled with was a hyper-sensitive gag-reflex. This one was unpleasant in that it caused me to throw up almost every morning. So unpleasant. And I am overjoyed that I'm not dealing with that any more.
It was funny to me one night. I had just sat down on the couch to watch a movie with Mr. Boss. Suddenly I started coughing, for no reason, which activated my gag reflex. There wasn't a lot, but it was projectile. Unpleasant as it was, it made me laugh.
Wow, this is a fun post, isn't it?
No comments:
Post a Comment
You are awesome! ♥