09 November 2011

gratitude. day 8 & 9.

Well, hi! Since I didn't get yesterdays post up I'm combining my lists for yesterday and today into one post. Fun stuff...
I am grateful...
that it didn't snow, even though it was supposed to.
for the opportunity I have to serve and teach and get to know the young women in my branch and in our sister ward.
for the quiet that comes after everyone is in bed. It is so peaceful.


I am grateful...
for sign language, which allows me to communicate with my 1-year-old, and has helped the older two with learning their letters. (It's amazing to me how useful sign language has been for us.)
for chick-fil-a. Their chicken is so tasty. And they were playing classical music today, which, along with the vases of fresh flowers on each table, makes it feel a lot less like a fast food joint. I love them.
for the relationships my children have with each other. Oh, sure, they argue and fight, but they also love each other. They play well together, and they make each other laugh. Seeing the way they interact with one another has been one of the greatest joys of motherhood.


Now it's your turn. What are you grateful for?

2 comments:

  1. I love chick fil a (so do my kids) - have you ever dressed up like a cow for free food there? I haven't, but my sister has, and some day I want to try it. Sounds like fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am grateful for the enormous grin my baby boy gives me every time he wakes up and sees my face.
    I am grateful for the delicher soup we had for dinner last night.
    I am grateful for waking up to a clean kitchen even though I was the one who cleaned it.
    I am grateful for second chances.

    ReplyDelete

You are awesome! ♥