Monday was such a beautiful day. Bright blue skies, 70° temperatures, beautiful autumn colors. And we were almost guilty of staying inside all day. Almost, until remembered the forecast for this week... We had to take advantage of the beautiful day, because it may have been the last of the year.
I made some sandwiches, grabbed the biggest blanket in our house, loaded up the children, and we headed to one of our favorite parks. It was so warm that we comfortably sat in the shade.
I made some sandwiches, grabbed the biggest blanket in our house, loaded up the children, and we headed to one of our favorite parks. It was so warm that we comfortably sat in the shade.
After we ate, the children played for a bit on the playground. And I took pictures of the vibrantly colored leaves.
Yesterday was quite different. It was chilly, but sunny in the morning, which quickly changed to cloudy and even colder, and eventually it began to rain. Of course, I waited until then to realize we needed to run to the store for a couple of things.
We bundled up and headed to the store only to find that everyone else had the same idea. The parking lot was packed, as was the fuel station, which we needed to use, too. We did our shopping first, and then got in line for gas, afterward we hurried home and turned on a movie and had a snack.
Before I went to bed last night, I peeked out the window and discovered that the rain had transformed. It was a mild preview of what I would see in the morning...
Yesterday was quite different. It was chilly, but sunny in the morning, which quickly changed to cloudy and even colder, and eventually it began to rain. Of course, I waited until then to realize we needed to run to the store for a couple of things.
We bundled up and headed to the store only to find that everyone else had the same idea. The parking lot was packed, as was the fuel station, which we needed to use, too. We did our shopping first, and then got in line for gas, afterward we hurried home and turned on a movie and had a snack.
Before I went to bed last night, I peeked out the window and discovered that the rain had transformed. It was a mild preview of what I would see in the morning...
It has been snowing all day, the trees are overloaded with their multi-colored leaves and mounds of snow. And all I can think about is how I could sure go for a cup of Stephen's Gourmet hot chocolate.... But I haven't seen it anywhere in CO. Boo. (I welcome any and all care packages full of Stephen's hot chocolate -- and a bag of salt for my walkway -- in case anyone was itching to send a package somewhere... ;)
Such weather prompted us to stay in our jammies and watch movies today, has me fighting the urge to put on some Christmas music, and has C asking: "is papa bringing home Christmas trees?!"
Such weather prompted us to stay in our jammies and watch movies today, has me fighting the urge to put on some Christmas music, and has C asking: "is papa bringing home Christmas trees?!"





yikes! I detest snow. DH loves it, but he grew up in Idaho and I grew up in the balmy south... so I'm just hoping it will hold up here for a while. My friend just moved to Denver from the same balmy south where we grew up. Two days ago she asked me where she should store here potatoes, and then she remembered the forecast, too, and decided that her whole unfinished basement would become cold storage once the snow hit. Ha ha. Brr... Just looking at the pictures of the snow makes me want to curl up with a blanket and cup o' hot chocolate!
ReplyDeleteDANG!!! I'm glad that's not how it looks here :). It's still beautiful fall weather :)
ReplyDelete