We sat ourselves down on the blankets and got to eating and chatting. It was wonderful. This is the kind of thing that I wish I did more often. (And we have been. This was our second picnic this week!)

The children enjoyed running around on the playground, and eventually took to hunting squirrels. It was very serious work, the 3 big kids stood around a tree with their hunting sticks and waited for their victim. (Note: no squirrels were harmed during the squirrel hunt.)

The little boys enjoyed playing with Peanut, the funny looking chihuahua. They took turns grabbing at him, petting him, crawling after him. It was a good time for the two doggy-loving, 1-year-old gentlemen.

Finally, Z got a hold of the raisins, and he chowed down on as many as he could. And then he screamed at me when I tried to take the bag away. Moral of the story: don't take food from a fat kid. (But I did anyway, because I'm the mom and I'm the Boss.)

Our fun day in C's words: We had a picnic, and then we were diggin' in the dirt. I was diggin' in the dirt with Jack. And then I went and had some raisins and some cookies.
I had a good time and then I throwed somethin'. Jack picked up a big rock and throwed it right in the slide. I throwed some dirts in the slide, because Jack didn't find me a big rock, in the dirt. Then I throwed somethin' at Jack.
And then I had a stick and then I wowbed it, and then it touched the squirrels tail. I was huntin' squirrels with my big stick. I catchded that squirrel. I had a happy day because I throwded the stick, and now the squirrel is sad when I throwded the stick at him. And then we had a little rest.
Then we went home, Jack went home with us, he went to our home. Then we raceded cars, and mine got on Jacks head, it was drivin' and then it went thmp and landed on Jacks head, and that was a bad day. Then I said it's okay, and I said sorry.
When I was drivin' my armored truck and then it flip and then flied and then pomg right on the head. It was a mean day after I did that.
I had a little talk with Jack, when we were trying to race with cars, and then we bumped with pillows, we were runnin' and runnin' and runnin' and bomp! Then Jack went home.
Jack really liked that pillow game, he keeps asking me to play it with, I don not love the game as much! Love the nerdy Ellie pic; cute!
ReplyDeleteWhat adorable pictures!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for commenting over at D&D -- I agree, it is such fun meeting new people in the blogging world. You've got such an adorable blog here :)