05 May 2011

nervous.

This post is basically to tell you that I have nothing to say. My mind is all jumbled and my tummy is full of butterflies. Why? Oh, because I was asked to speak in church on Sunday. And I haven't spoken in church since high school (which means it's been at least 6 years, if you really wanted to know). And I don't know what I'll say, and I feel ridiculously unqualified to speak about motherhood. (Yes, the woman with 3 children feels unqualified to speak on motherhood..)
To be honest, I'm really only freaking out about what to say. As I've thought about it, I actually feel comfortable speaking because I will be speaking to a room full of friends. But what to say?! My mind is blank of any mothering stories that I could tell. And I don't just want to stand there reading quote after awesome quote (because I could, but what's original about that?) Anyway, I'll not be blogging until after I write this talk...so, probably no posts until Sunday.
Eep...wish me luck! (And if you have any helpful ideas, please oh please! share!)

3 comments:

  1. yikes, i become a bundle of nerves when asked to speak. vince on the other hand loves it and is fantastic at it! i always think its silly that they would ask mom's to speak on mothers day -- they should have the men speak so the women can just sit + enjoy! :)

    good luck!! you'll do great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ME TOO!!! I haven't spoken since Junior or Senior year, and I got asked to speak next Sunday. Tony did too, but he'll be out of town, and he was going to say no anyway. Cause Tony does like that.

    But seriously! I'm worried I might faint!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pray! Pray to know what to say, to have the spirit, and to be able to be calm or get through your talk. Also make sure that your talk really is as long as it's supposed to be. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

You are awesome! ♥