03 May 2011

fun hair

I really love having a girl, and doing her hair. And I really love the hair blogs I've found. There is so much inspiration, and I've found things that I'd never done before. It has opened up the possibilities for me to be able to create new-to-me hairstyles.
One style that I absolutely love on Miss E is the side ponytail/messy bun. Because she's still got some short, wispy baby hairs I'm not bale to pull it together into a single ponytail. I usually have to connect several sections to get it how I want it. This is just another variation to achieve that side pony-tail. (And I'm no hair blogger, so I didn't take step by step pictures.)

This time I decided to simplify the sectioned-side-ponytail and only do three sections of hair.

But three plain sections was kind of boring, so I added the rope twists.

Then I combined the two rope twist "braids" to form this awesome chain-like braid
(or "hawser" braid...)

Then I connected the chain into the final section.
It could be left as a ponytail, but I like the messy bun.

Apparently there are several techniques to achieve the messy bun look.
I think mine is pretty simple, have hair pulled into pony-tail, grab a second elastic,
(hmmm, I don't know how to explain this part...)
pull random sections of the pony-tail through, which makes loops and the messy look.
Sorry I can't explain it better.

Anyway, here's the front. I left a few of the wispy hairs out around her face, so her bangs wouldn't be lonely.
If you wanted, you could curl the sections you leave out,
E's hair has a natural curl, though, so it did that on its own.

And here is her nerdy face to finish. Silly girl.

1 comment:

  1. Oh cute! That is really creative. I can't believe how big/old she is getting! Seems like she should still be that darling little baby. :)

    ReplyDelete

You are awesome! ♥