(It's like c
ookies, but with cake.)
There was a super fun
(hello, free dinner!) ward potluck tonight. I signed up to bring a dessert. I wanted to take something extra delicious, and found the perfect treat. ...Buuut, when it came down to it, I was feeling kind of lazy. So, I made something easy.
I've been making these tasty treats ever since
Michelle posted the simple recipe back in '09. They were an instant favorite, and they're kind of my go-to treat whenever I have to take something somewhere.
Anyway, I decided to glam them up a little bit this time. Normally I just cover them in powdered sugar, which I did with the first group...
Then, with the next bunch, I dipped 1/4 of the balls in rainbow non-pareils and 3/4 in powdered sugar...
And made the last few 1/4 green sprinkles, 3/4 powdered sugar.
The best part
(or worst part?) is that I only had 2 cookies out of the whole batch (which I doubled, by the way). They were a big hit. And that's why I like 'em. Easy
and amazing.
Hi! Thanks so much for letting me know that you are still using this recipe! I actually haven't made these in a while and now after looking at your pictures, I want to. I absolutely love the sprinkle idea. Would be perfect for a birthday party!
ReplyDelete