17 March 2011

I didn't wear green.

Today was a hard day, actually, I've been having a rough time since last night. E was complaining that her tummy hurt, and she was running a fever, poor girl. So I made her a bed on the floor in my room, with towels, of course, just in case. First I couldn't fall asleep because I was listening so intently to her. Then she woke up around 2 in the morning, and stayed in my bed for the rest of the night, tossing and turning. All the while her face felt, to me, like it was on fire.
You would think that my day would've been easier, because she stayed in bed for most of it, but you would be wrong. Today was stress-full.

There was some goodness to the day, though. While E rested, visitors came, old friends from my chocolate store days. They brought their adorable little ones (the youngest of the bunch is just 5 weeks old. You'd better believe we all enjoyed that!) And, when we weren't busy admiring the baby...oh, who am I kidding?...as we were admiring the baby we also devoted some of our attention to a special treat.
One of my friends is amazing when it comes to cakes and today she taught us how to make cake pops! Super easy and delicious! I kind of think these will be my go to treat for birthday parties...these and cupcakes, because I am in love with cupcakes.
“There is nothing better than a friend,
unless it is a friend with chocolate.”
― Charles Dickens

We made them nice and festive with green melting chocolate. We had to celebrate somehow, I guess, since we didn't dress up. (Z is the only one who ended up in green at all today, and I didn't even do it on purpose.) At least nobody was mean enough to pinch us!
cake pops: fun, easy to make, and delicious to eat. Though I may have gotten a little carried away with the dipping.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are awesome! ♥