Also, my feet are so swollen right now, it's ridiculous. Along with that, I'm super tired. But I wanted to get this post up before I went to bed. Because I love you.
Yep, still here. Can't believe it's the end of May! Can't believe we are really to the point where we could meet this baby any day!
I had an appointment with my midwife on Friday. Thanks to Mr. Boss's new work schedule, he was able to come too. It has been so wonderful that he has been able to make it to as many of my appointments as he has. I love that he has the chance to hear baby's heartbeat, and hear my midwife say that things are going well.
It was especially nice that he was there this time, because of what happened while we were listening to the baby's heart. My midwife put the Doppler on my belly and listened for a bit. Then she asked Conrad (who insists on helping every time) to wiggle and move the baby. I had to help him a little, by grabbing his hand and pressing it firmly on my side. No sooner had we done so than I got the most prominent lump at the top of my belly. I assume it was a knee, and it was poking out so far.
Immediately I hear Mr. Boss almost shouting: "Holy moly!" All I could do was laugh. It was the strangest looking and feeling thing. I honestly, through three pregnancies, have never gotten that big of a movement, ever. It was amazing. Although it made me a little mad, too, because I thought I should record the kids helping with the heartbeat again, but decided not to. Shame, because that is some footage I would have loved to have and to share.
Posterior babies aren't a huge problem, except that their positioning can effect labor negatively, by giving the mother painful back-labor, and making contractions kind of weird.
To know my baby's position now is helpful, though, because there are a few positions I can try to get baby to turn. The aren't exactly the most comfortable things to do, but are definitely better than back labor. There is one position that I do the most, as I feel it could be the most effective. (The position being me with my bum in the air, back slanted and face against whatever surface I choose to attempt the position on--generally my bed, for at least 30 minutes.) I did it a couple of nights ago and was pretty sure, afterward, that I could feel baby's back through my belly. I was happy about it, until the next morning, when I realized most of the movements I was getting indicated baby's back had turned to my back. Again.
I tried again last night, but didn't feel a change after 40 minutes. I'm going to keep trying, but it seems this baby is kind of stubborn. Hopefully, by the time baby comes, my repeated efforts to turn him/her will result in a submission to my desires. The last thing I need is a stubborn baby.
Both Conrad and Ellie used the traditional infant seat and, even though it is only three years old, it is visibly worn from the two who have used it. I feel it would still be safe to use, but we'd have to buy a seat upgrade eventually, so we just took care of it now. (With a big thanks to my mom, because she paid for it.)
This morning, with the help of my younger sister (who had stayed the night), I got the seats installed into our back seat. It was a huge pain, but our back seat is now officially
Our car is ready for this baby.
I am ready to meet this baby, whenever baby is ready, of course! Boy or girl, I'm thrilled. But as a way to prepare for either outcome, I have purchased both a newborn boy and newborn girl outfit. (Regardless of where a baby is born, they always need a first outfit!)
Now we're just playing the guessing game: when will baby come?
baby's gender, weight and birth date!
(There's a prize in it for closest guess(es)!)


i am guessing girl (because i have 5 sisters, and i think girls are so much fun!) weighing 7 lbs 6 oz, born on... i'll say ... june 7th!
ReplyDeletegood luck with everything!