It is a beautiful night. I was turning all the lights out in the front rooms when I noticed that it seemed to be really bright outside. Obviously not daytime bright, but bright for 10:30pm. I already had a cardigan and shoes on, so I figured I'd step outside for a quick breath of fresh air. So glad I did, because it was gorgeous. The sky is mostly clear, and there are stars twinkling here and there. And the moon! Perfectly round, and shining so brightly, lighting up the night. It's pretty much breath taking. If it were warmer I think I'd have pulled up a chair and sat out there for a while.
It's things like tonight that have me stumped as to why anyone could think that there isn't some sort of God or higher power. Seriously? I don't think something so incredible could've just happened by chance. There is a great artist at work, I believe that without a doubt.
I've been thinking lately that I want to start a 365/daily photo project. I started one last year, because I take pictures daily anyway, so it wasn't hard to post a picture of the day. Until my computer source (aka my parents) up and moved to California. Since then my photo blog has been inactive. (I never stopped taking pictures, though.)
Anyway, I was thinking, since I still don't have a computer with Internet, I'll just do daily cell photos. I'm thinking of starting March 1st. So if you want to keep up with that project, I'll be posting them to my photo blog starting Monday. (I'm excited.)
I love going to get Ellie from bed in the morning. As soon as she sees me standing in the doorway she perks up and, in the sweetest little voice (that I wish I could share through written words), she says to me: "Hi, mom!" Instant smiles.
Sometimes, when I'm in the kitchen and she's in blocked into the living room (due to a gate in the doorway) she'll come over and peek over the top of the gate and extend her sweet little greeting: "Hi, mom!"
A couple of days ago, after she said it to me, I responded, in a similar tone, "Hi, baby!" Moments after I said it she repeated it, with her precious little voice: "Hi, baby!"
Goodness, gracious, I love this girl.
I feel like a horrible mom lately.
I can't stop gushing and fawning over Ellie. She's just so dang precious and beautiful, with those bright blue eyes, perfectly squishy cheeks and hair that looks spectacularly adorable in pig tails. She's got a charm that is impossible to resist.
That's not why I feel bad, though.
It's because I'm not really gushing about Conrad these days. That isn't to say that he's not adorable and charming, it's just that his difficult behaviors are more prevalent. He's hit a stage that makes me believe in the term "terrible two's." He's testing the waters and it's driving me crazy. We're talking tantrums and whining and crying, hitting, and shouting and selfishness (grabbing/taking things from his sister). He's talking back, and saying things that make me sad (like a few nights ago, I said to him "I love you" and instead of "I yub you, too" he shouted over and over "I not yub you!" and "I can't yub you!")
He still has his sweet moments, which I really need to write down, but it just seems like he's being more feisty than nice.
I feel bad for not gushing about him, but he hasn't really given me much to gush about lately. Feel free to let me know that I'm a terrible person...
I painted today, and it was awesome. If you haven't already, you should go check out the sweet things I made to hang on Ellie's wall.
And...that's all for now...
Happy weekend!
you are a wonderful momma.
ReplyDeletekids are just punky sometimes. i've worked with kids that age and it just kind of comes with the territory. maybe writing down the sweet things he says will help you when he's saying less sweet things and frustrating you, but regardless, i'm pretty sure what you're feeling is common....i think a lot of mom's just probably don't admit it. i know i'm not a mom, but like most things and relationships, people only like to tell the good things. you're just being honest, and i appreciate that.
hope things get better soon!
{Lauren}
thelittlethingswedo.blogspot.com