While in our appointment I received a text. I waited to check it, but when I did I noticed it was from my sis. It read "you got BOOed"
Sure enough, when we got home, there was a plate covered in foil on our counter, and attached was a note and an illustration of a ghost. The note was read and treats shared. The note said we were now expected to BOO 3 new people in the neighborhood.
I put it off until last night, but by then I was so ready to spook some neighbors.
I do not have a copier, printer or even a computer (I update this bloggy from a fancy phone) so I had to trace three copies of the ghost illustration, and hand-write the note (also three times.) Then I moved on to the treat making. There were two treats I wanted to make. Cake batter cookies found on Michelle's blog
and some delightful Ghosty Nutter Butters which I saw on Marta's blog.
I've made the cake batter cookies a couple of times, they are delicious, so I knew they were a good pick. The ghostly Nutter Butter's were a first, but I took Marta's word that they're tasty, and Mr. Boss agreed when he stole one and gobbled it up.
I had some left over white chocolate after covering all of the intended cookies, so I turned some of the extra cake batter cookies into little round ghosties.
Once Mr. Boss and the kids were soundly sleeping I snuck out to deliver my treats. I didn't know beforehand which houses I'd go to (because I'm still new in this neighborhood, and I didn't do any detective work during daylight hours.) I found the houses I wanted to gift quickly, though. Then there was the matter of being sneaky, and running away fast enough after knocking (not as easy as you'd think, at least when you're as out of shape as I am.) I'm pretty sure nobody caught me, but I could be wrong.
BOOing is new to me, I only heard about it a few days before it happened to me, but it seems like fun. I hope I can participate every year.
p.s. I'm in a Ghoulies Parade today, check it out.




Fun! We do that in this neighborhood too! and where I grew up!! Sooo Fun!
ReplyDeletep.S I have made cake Batter cookies for yrs and yrs SO DELISH!!!
yum! they look really good. i made some snickerdoodles last night... should have done something more halloween-y now that i think about it.
ReplyDelete