12 October 2009

oatmeal

I've been feeling daring these past couple of days. I've decided it's time for Ellie to learn how to feed herself. This is a big deal for me. I put it off for as long as I possibly could with Conrad. And, after breakfast this morning, I'm starting to remember why.
First she dumped her food out of the bowl, then she proceeded to wipe it all over her face.
She rubbed it around on her tray for a while. I couldn't believe the mess, but she's so cute all covered in breakfast.
The thing that killed me was that she got it in her hair, rubbed it in there nice and thick. But I guess that's what baths are for!

5 comments:

  1. Olivia still doesnt feed herself things that make messes... and that is why! haha! she looks soo cute though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, that's what baths are for! Plus, feeding themselves is such a wonderful learning experience for them! They get to discover new textures and gain a sense of independence they lacked before!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at that gut!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those pictures are so cute! I'm not really looking forward to having Kaitlin feed herself only because of the mess. Good thing I have a year to work up to it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

You are awesome! ♥