Remember that time when I asked for you to vote for me to win some cookies? Well, I won those cookies. All thanks to the voters. (You know who you are. I love you guys! Thanks for your help.)
The cookies were from an etsy shop, based in Chicago, called edith+ethel. They arrived a couple of days ago, to my utter delight. I didn't dive into them right away, because I'd already had too many sweets that day (if I'd known they were coming on that day I would have restrained myself from my earlier indulgences. Truth be told, though, I couldn't hold off for long. Later that evening I broke them out.
Before I got started I admired them. Along with the cookies (6 of them, and big'uns at that) there was an insert baring the edith+ethel logo. On the other side was some information about the business.
The insert made me smile. It never fails to brighten my day when someone takes care of their planet and their customers, and not just one or the other.
Then the cookies made me smile.
They were so pretty. Wrapped up 3 and 3 with a little label specifying that they were cookies of the sugar variety.
I admired until I couldn't take it anymore. I opened up the package and heated a cookie for 10 seconds in the microwave (as per insert suggestion.)
They were magnificent. Each bite brought a tear to my eye, it was that good. It melted in my mouth and whispered sweet nothings to my heart. Yum.
Thanks also goes to Meg, for the prize she granted me. My mouth, heart and tummy thank you.
Amen.







That does look like a yummy cookie. Drool. Now I want a cookie. :)
ReplyDelete