17 July 2009

today

Things I've done today (in no particular order):
-cuddled Norah in bed, heard Red wake up, asked Norah where here brother was and watched her excitedly looking for him.
-pulled my son around the apartment in our wheeled cooler.
-painted base colors on 3 canvii, one of which is for Conrad to paint a picture for Daddy--we're a month overdue on the Father's day gift. Better late than never. ("Canvii": a word an old friend used to describe multiple canvas.)
-chocolately frosted a chocolate cake.
-resisted eating said cake.
-listened to 2 Incubus cd's (Make Yourself and S.C.E.I.N.C.E.)
-watched cheetahs, lions and leopards as they caught and devoured zebras and other animals on Big Cat Diary.
-resisted gobbling cake. Again.
-a large load of baby laundry.
-realized how happy I was about staying home all day when I walked out the door and into a wall of heat, just for the mail.
-took pictures of my kids.
-took a picture of the cake that I've been denying myself all day.
-watched a stupid-dumb show while my kids napped.
-cleaned multiple diapers.
-got dressed.
-cuddled both kids.
-played.

Things I should've done, but didn't:
-dishes.
-bills.
-call about the newspaper subscription I ordered but haven't received (like I've needed to do for the past two weeks).
-put together a pile of things to go to the DI.
-go to the store for paper towels.
-clean the kid room.
-tidy the living room.

I count today as a good day.
Who cares if my home is still a wreck? (Besides Mr. Nag. Oops, I mean, Mr. Boss.)
There's time for all my should've-but-didn'ts tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Just remember the kids won't grow up and remember the dirty dishes, they will grow up remembering mom making time for them. So worth it!!

    ReplyDelete

You are awesome! ♥